Sunday, October 7, 2007

Wedding Cupcakes

Couple of weeks back, colleague wanted 100 pcs of cupcakes as a gift for her mum's peers.. Two in a box..

Started off with looking around for the box... A box to hold two cupcakes with a window on top (a window to view the cupcakes inside).. Oh man, looking for such a box in tiny Singapore is really a nightmare.. Been to almost ALL "known" baking supplies stores and none was found.. The closest I could find was in SKP, small rectangular, no window, and size.. abit over sized.. Not what I wanted..
Sis told me the box I wanted had to be custom made, minimum order of 1000 boxes.. OMG.. I needed 50 only, get that and what do I do with the other 950 pieces??? Whahahaa..

That's it! Can't find what I want, I'll just have to make 50 myself!!

Next, the cupcakes.. Settled with Blueberries filling Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Butter Cream AND vanilla Cupcakes with Kahlua Swiss Meringue Butter Cream..

Ok, then come the small details.. the decoration part of the cupcakes... I like making my own.. so, started off early to make the toppers with sugar paste..





Dad was robbed in to help me make the boxes.. Luckily I have him, else.. think I'll be busy making the boxes now.. haha...

Woke up really early on Saturday (6 Oct 07) morning and started baking the cupcakes, beating up the butter cream, piping, decoration...
I was the "Production Department" while dad, he's the "Packaging Department".. haha..

The last pair was finally boxed at 2am!!! Poor dad, slog with me all the way...
I took over and finish off the last part of the production.. tying the boxes with ribbons and tagging them.. Wau!! It was 4am when I finished tying the last box.. Really tired, but..the sense of satisfaction was definitely there...











P/S: Daddy's the best! Without him, this project would not had run so smoothly.. Thanks Pa!!

5 comments:

DONNA said...

wow..your dad really made that box? wow! you can even sell the box

Cupcake Mania said...

Yup.. I designed the box and had the dimensions drawn up.
And dad helped to cut them up and put them to pieces... haha... daddy's the best!!
It was so difficult to find the right box, right size, right material I want, had no choice but to DIY...

d. said...

do you still have a template for that box? can you share it?

Fatham @ Yale said...

Hi - Are you still active? I would like to buy cupcake boxes from you! Let me know if you're still in this business.

Cupcake Mania said...

Hi thr! I'm still baking but dun sell boxes alone.. Usually I'll get boxes off the shelves and DIY on them to my desire..