Saturday, September 15, 2007

Blueberry Chocolate Cupcakes with Rich Chocolate Ganache

Baked some blueberry chocolate cuppies on Wednesday. They were meant for my doctor whom I visit for my regular "face maintenance" (got to look forever 24 years old... whhahahahahaha....)....

The first batch of chocolate ganache I made was a total disaster.. I ended up with a layer of oil in my ganache, and the texture were all grainy... Yucks!!
Frantically searched thru the net to look for an answer on what causes the disaster...
Realized the cause might be due to the overheating the ingredients (got the answers from "Real Baking with Rose Levy Beranbaum"), causing the fat to "separate" from the chocolate...
No choice, the first batch of chocolate ganache was a complete flop, I had to discard the whole batch.. ITS SO OILY!!! Think I can even extract the layer of oil and fry some french fries with it..hahhahaa....

Scramble thru (it's 12am when I started with the 2nd batch) to start on the next batch of ganache, this time no more cheating by melting the chocolate in the microwave..

The end results... tar tar... see below pixs...


No comments: